Up to £3500 funding available for new apprentices
Employers may be eligible to claim £3500 toward the cost of employing an Apprentice.
The Welsh Government has launched an incentive scheme to help you with your apprentice recruitment.
Employers will be eligible for the incentive if they meet the following criteria:
- Have not had an employee start an apprenticeship in the 30 month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the grant;
- Can confirm that they are not able to recruit an apprentice without the grant:
- Have fewer than 250 employees:
- Based in Wales (or the recruited employee(s) would be based in Wales for at least 51% of their time);
- Can commit to employing an apprentice for 12 months or the time taken to complete theapprenticeship programme;
- Commit to employing the learner for at least 30 hours per week; and
- Agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirement or more.
Please be aware that this money will not be available for students who attend College on a full/part time course (Excluding day release)
For further details
Pathways Training, Newtown College (NPTC Group) Llanidloes
Road, Newtown, Powys, SY16 4HU
Telephone 01686 614253