Apprentice Production Engineer
Aber Instruments Ltd
Commit to the successful completion of NVQ Level 2 with a view to working towards Level 3, studying in conjunction with Newtown College - NPTC. Work towards the ability to manufacture and test a range of products to a high quality standard in line with Company procedures and documentation.
Is a member of the Instrumentation Production Department, works alongside the Probe Production and Research & Development Departments. Reports to the Production Manger.
Duties to include
- Participation/competition of NVQ, working towards modern apprenticeship:
- NVQ Level 2 (unless already completed) Production Engineering Operations – with a view to complete NVQ Level 3, Essential Skills & Technical certificate.
- Assembly and testing of our instrumentation and ancillary equipment to a complete system; to include subassemblies, calibrations, pre-testing, temperature cycling
- Assembly of small PCB’s with surface mount soldering work
- Cable assembly and testing
- Program various devices including PLC’s, EPROM’s and flash cards from firmware masters
- Use of workshop equipment including laser welder
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in a range of Windows based PC applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access)
- Good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Minimum 4x GCSE’s grades A-C to include Maths and preferably English and Science.
- A-Levels (AS-Level considered) or vocational equivalent, grades A-D
Closing date 01/06/2017
Please email/send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Emma Thomas Aber Instruments, Unit 5, Science Park, Aberystwyth, SY23 3AH