UKTI DSO – SM E EXPORT GRO WTH SYMPOSIUM FOR WALES
UKTI DSO – SME EXPORT GROWTH SYMPOSIUM FOR WALES
Day long conference, including presentations, networking lunch and post-lunch business surgeries
Special Guest Speaker: The Rt Hon Cheryl Gillan MP ,Secretary of State for Wales
Come and join other Welsh small/medium-sized companies at this special symposium focusing on
national and regional Government support for your export objectives.
– Find out what UKTI DSO can do to help you penetrate the overseas defence and security markets.
– Talk to Welsh Government officials about their support for defence and security companies.
– Meet Government and private sector specialists to discuss specific export-related issues.
– Engage with one of the UK’s prime defence and security exporting companies.
– Network with like-minded Welsh SMEs.
A series of formal presentations will be followed by a networking lunch and the opportunity to hold
shared or one-to-one meetings with the speakers and other experts on defence/security issues such as military capability, regional marketing and export licensing.
Who should attend ?
– Welsh SMEs with a keen interest in winning overseas defence and security business.
– Welsh SMEs wishing to learn more about Government support for smaller businesses in the overseas market.
– Welsh SMEs wishing to sell to or work with UK prime contractors.
– Welsh SMEs willing to consider and discuss joint venture opportunities with fellow SMEs.
To book see overleawww .ukti.gov.uk/de fen cesecurity/supportforsmes.html f
Date: Monday 17 October 2011. Time: 09.15 – 16.00
Cost: £60 (incl. VAT)
Early Bird Discount: £50 (incl. VAT) for bookings received before Saturday 1 October 2011
Venue: University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, Llandaff Campus, Western Avenue, Cardiff CF 5 2YB
09.15 Registration and coffee
09.45 Introduction and opening remarks – Richard Paniguian, Head of UKTI DSO
10.00 UKTI DSO support for SMEs – Arfan Chaudhry, Assistant Director, Support to Business, UKTI DSO
10.30 Export Credits Guarantee Department – new products for SMEs – John Snowdon, Head,
Civil & Defence Projects, ECGD
11.20 Keynote speech – Secretary of State for Wales
11.35 Fast Growth 50 initiative – developing Welsh SMEs – Prof Dylan Jones-Evans, Director of
Enterprise & Innovation, University of Wales
12.00 Doing business with primes – General Dynamics UK
12.30 Best practice product development – Jarred Evans, Commercial Director, National Centre for
Product Design and Development Research
12.55 Closing remarks – Richard Paniguian, Head of UKTI DSO
13.00 Networking lunch
14.00 Business surgeries and one-to-one meetings with presenters and experts
For booking details or more information download the PDF flyer here